Temporary EH&S Program Coordinator
|April 25, 2012 - June 10, 2012|
|Salary Range:||Pay is commensurate with experience|
|Benefits:||Not eligible for benefits.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Aid in coordinating the operation of the Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) program by assisting the Director of Environmental Health & Safety with evaluating college policies, procedures, and activities for compliance with applicable environmental regulations. Work with all Linfield departments and governmental regulators to create a safe and healthy environment for our employees, students and visitors. This position is temporary and the expected duration is 3-6 months. |
|Duties:||• Evaluate documents, college policy and procedures, and activities for compliance with applicable OSHA and environmental laws, regulations, standards, policies, and procedures. |
• In consultation with the Director of Environmental Health & Safety, review, evaluate, implement, and/or recommend changes to organizational policies and procedures.
• Coordinate college EHS programs including Accident Prevention, Confined Space, Lockout, Hearing Conservation, Spill Prevention, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, Respiratory Protection, etc.
• Conduct safety training programs that are regulatory compliant.
• Coordinate EHS audits of programs and facilities to document compliance and aid in risk mitigation measures.
• Coordinate worker’s compensation claim tracking and conduct accident investigations to determine causes and whether current standards are adequate to prevent a recurrence.
• Assist in assigning and directing work and evaluating student employees. Set expectations, instruct, coach and identify training needs.
• Perform related duties as required.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree in Science or related field, including chemistry coursework and at least two years of safety, health, and/or environmental work experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating:|
• Safety, health, and/or environmental work experience in a regulatory capacity in a complex organization.
• Exceptional oral and written communication and customer service skills, and demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as independently.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, budgets, and report writing
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record
• Graduate degree in Science, Safety or related field
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is moderately physical in nature. Constant seeing, hearing, and talking. Frequent bending, stooping, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 75 pounds, walking, climbing stairs, sitting, reaching overhead. Possibility of exposure to hazardous chemicals exists. Requires ability to administer basic first aid according to MSDS.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.