Cleaning Services Technician
|December 17, 2012 - January 01, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience.|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, generous 403(b) contribution and tuition remission benefits.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Cleaning Services Technician cleans College facilities including dormitories, classrooms, offices and other College buildings; and maintains custodial equipment and supplies at the required standards. |
*PLEASE only apply if you are willing and able to work night shift. This recruitment is to fill graveyard shift positions.
|Duties:||• Performs a variety of custodial maintenance duties including; replenishing paper supplies, towels, and soap; dusting; mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming floors; emptying trash; stripping and waxing floors; changing light bulbs; cleaning vents; delivering supplies and materials; washing walls, windows, doors, and handles; and/or performing related activities.|
• Performs a variety of custodial sanitizing duties which includes: cleaning and disinfecting floors, windows, sinks, counters, shower areas, toilets, and water fountains and other fixtures and performing related activities.
• Performs routine maintenance and cleaning of custodial equipment.
• Monitors available inventory and notifies appropriate individual(s) when stock levels reach specified levels.
• Reports facility deficiencies or unsafe condition. Prepares and maintains logs and records.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
|Qualifications:||One year cleaning experience; or, an equivalent combination of training and experience demonstrating skills in |
• Basic cleaning techniques
• Applicable equipment and tools
• Applicable chemicals and their usage
• Inventory monitoring principles
• Safe work practices
• Experience demonstrating good attendance record at previous jobs, and ability to follow directions and work collaboratively with supervisors and coworkers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is classified as heavy work of a physical nature in a campus environment with exposure to weather elements working indoors and outdoors. Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions. Physical exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.