Head Men's Basketball Coach/HHPA Instructional Associate
|March 15, 2013 - March 29, 2013|
|Salary Range:||Commensurate with experience.|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, generous 403(b) contribution and tuition remission benefits.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Head Men’s Basketball Coach/HHPA Instructional Associate reports to the Athletic Director for coaching responsibilities and the HHPA department chair for the instructional responsibilities. This position serves as the Head Men’s Basketball Coach and teaches professional curriculum and physical activity courses within the HHPA department. |
*Screening begins immediately. Position open until filled.
• Coach and develop Men’s Basketball student athletes in practices and games and administer the Men’s Basketball Junior Varsity Team. Provide consistency while improving the program.
• Teach courses in HHPA which require:
o determining the most appropriate teaching method
o providing athletes with information on nutrition, workouts, technique, cross training, and NCAA compliance issues
o evaluating performance
• Engage in public relations and community outreach activities, including fundraising activities.
• Recruit student athletes, which includes: discussing opportunities with students, their parents, coaches, and guidance counselors; attending athletic events to watch students compete; reviewing academic profiles and interests; and determining academic and athletic fit with the college.
• Administer the Men’s Basketball budget and maintain operational records and reports.
• Have a commitment to liberal arts education and the appropriate place of intercollegiate athletics within a small private liberal arts college
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science or a related field, and three years coaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position. Background must demonstrate:
• Successful basketball coaching experience
• Teaching experience in health and human performance discipline
• Established philosophy and knowledge of basketball coaching theory and strategy, including an understanding and commitment of Title IX goals and NCAA guidelines.
• Experience in athletic recruiting
• Ability to operate in a collegial fashion
• Master’s degree
• College-level teaching and coaching experience
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is physical in nature, requiring constant walking, standing, sitting, talking, seeing, and hearing. Frequent running, climbing stairs, bending, throwing, catching, and physically demonstrating basketball techniques. Exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.