Head Men's and Women's Swim Coach/Aquatics Director
|May 06, 2014 - May 20, 2014|
|Salary Range:||Salary commensurate with experience.|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive benefit package including 100% employer paid medical for employee-only coverage, 100% employer paid dental & vision for employees and their eligible dependents, life insurances, tuition remission, and generous 11.25% college 403(b) retirement contributions (if eligibility requirement is met).|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach/Aquatics Director is responsible for coaching and developing student athletes on the men’s and women’s swimming teams. This position also teaches professional curriculum and physical activity courses within the HHPA department and coordinates the usage and maintenance of the aquatic center facility. Position reports to department chairperson for teaching responsibilities, the Athletic Director for coaching responsibilities, and HHPA Facilities Director for usage and maintenance of the aquatic center. |
*In addition to the online application, please attach a letter of interest, a resume of education and experience, and provide contact information for three professional references. Submission of official transcripts may be requested of finalists.
|Duties:||• Develop and administer swim budget within athletic department policies|
• Contact and recruit prospective student athletes, which includes: meeting and discussing opportunities with students, their parents, other coaches, and guidance counselors; attending athletic events to watch students compete; reviewing academic profiles and interests; and determining academic and athletic fit with the college.
• Develop swimmers in practices and meets
• Engage in and maintain positive public relations and community outreach activities
• Assist in recruitment of assistant coaches
• Fund raise as needed for swim program
• Administer practice and swim meet management
• Teach aquatic fitness, lifeguard training, water safety instruction and/or first aid and safety as assigned by department chair
• Coordinate the usage and maintenance of aquatic center facility
• Supervise aquatic center student employees, including training, scheduling, tracking and verifying hours worked
Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a related field and three years of swim coaching experience, or an equivalent combination or education and experience demonstrating:
• Proven successful experience coaching swimming
• Basic understanding of NCAA Division III policies and guidelines
• A commitment to liberal arts education and the appropriate place of intercollegiate athletics within a small private liberal arts college
• A commitment to coaching and teaching and the development of the student-athlete
• Basic understanding and appreciation of goals and objectives of Title IX
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others in collegial fashion
• Demonstrated ability to fund raise
• Experience with computers and basic software applications
• Master’s Degree in Human Performance or related field of study
• Experience in men’s and women’s college-level swim coaching
• Knowledge of pool maintenance
• College recruiting experience
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is physical in nature and requires constant seeing, hearing, talking, walking, and standing. Frequent walking and climbing stairs. Occasional sitting and physically demonstrating physical education techniques. Requires evening and week work during swimming season.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.